Railway Recruitment Board announces job openings every year and you all know that there is an RRB Exam that one needs to clear for appearing in further rounds of RRB Recruitment. In this post, you will get to learn all about the selection of Railway Recruitment Board. Read this entire post to know about the complete process of how the candidates are selected by the recruitment board for the job opportunities in railway vacancy.
Indian Railways – Selection Process
- There is only one online application which a candidate requires to submit and it is common for all 9 categories. There will be a Computer Based Test followed by the skill test. You might be wondering what is skill test? Well, this test basically includes a typing test or it could be an Aptitude Test also. Document verification is also one of the steps which play an important role in the whole selection process.
- Railway Recruitment Board decides and announces the date of CBT, aptitude and typing test. Once the schedule is fixed, the applicants will be informed. Note that there is no such criteria for changing the examination date, examination centre in any circumstances.
- The applicants will be selected completely on the basis of merit. As already mentioned, there will be a computer-based test for all the individuals for the post of category 1, 2, 3, and 4 (CA, TA, ECRC and Goods Guard).
- When it comes to skill test, it is mandatory for candidates to have typing speed equal to 30 WPM in English. For Hindi writers, the speed should be 25 WPM on PC.
- Those candidates who will qualify the aptitude test will get the weightage of 70% in CBT and 30% weightage in Aptitude test.
- Then the candidates who will be shortlisted will be called for the next step i.e Document Verification. The original documents are to be produced during verification.
- As per the process, there are 5 stages of examination which include Common stage examination called as CBT, documents verification, Typing test, Aptitude test followed by document verification, and Aptitude test of Traffic Assistant and ASM posts. These are basically for bringing the Vision Certificate to the examination hall from a specialist of eyes. It should be on a prescribed Performa and if one fails to bring it, would not be allowed to appear in the Aptitude test.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in the above-mentioned tests, the candidates will be invited for the further process which is the verification check in the main list. Moreover, 50% of extra candidates will be called as “Standby”. However, they will be considered only if there is a shortfall in the number of candidates to be recruited. If one fails to produce their original documents will be forfeited.
- Then the selected candidates will undergo a Medical Fitness test which would be conducted by the Administration of Railways.
Above mentioned are the steps that would be followed during the selection process of Railway Recruitment Board. Those candidates who will successfully pass all the rounds will be offered a job opportunity in the Indian Railways.