Difference Between TNPSC Group 1 and Group 2
TNPSC which is commonly known as Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission which is a regulating body that is responsible for conducting the number of competitive exams in Tamil Nadu like Group 1, Group 2, Group 2A, Group 4, VAO and Group 8 exams. The TNPSC board conducts this exam for various civil services positions in Tamil Nadu Government.
Candidates who are applying for TNPSC Exams will have a doubt in their mind like what is the difference between TNPSC Group 1 and TNPSC Group 2. We are here to clear all your doubts regarding the TNPSC Group 1 and Group 2. In this article, we have provided a lot of information that is helpful for the candidates who are in dilemma about the Group 1 and Group 2 exam.
Firstly, the TNPSC Group 1 exam is conducted for the higher position posts in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
The Jobs/ Posts which come under TNPSC Group 1 are
- Deputy Collectors
- Municipal Commissioners
- Regional transport officers
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (communications)
- Divisional fire officers
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Civil)
- Commercial tax officers
- Assistant superintendents in different departments like prohibition & Excise, Deputy engineers in various departments like R&B etc.
Education Qualifications for TNPSC Group 1 Posts:
Candidates who are applying for TNPSC Jobs Group 1 Posts must be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or board.
The Jobs/ Posts which come under TNPSC Group 2 are
- Deputy Tahsildars in Revenue
- Registration, Excise Sub-Inspectors
- Commercial Tax department
- Commercial Tax Officers
- Prohibition and Excise, Asst.Labour Officers Labour service etc
Education Qualification for TNPSC Group 2
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university or board.
The major difference between TNPSC Group 1 & TNPSC Group 2 is
- The Qualify Exam Pattern
- The Number of Vacancies
- Eligibility Criteria for Posts
- The Difficulty Level of Examination
Hope this article would have given you lot of information regarding the TNPSC Group 1 examination and TNPSC Group 2 Examination.